With an uncertain economy, drivers everywhere are trying to limit gas consumption. If you too are trying to save on gas and get better gas mileage out of your car, start by driving safely, being aware of your surroundings, and following these tips!
- When coming to a stop, reduce your speed gradually instead of slamming on the breaks.
- Utilize cruise control on your car when driving on the highway or open-road to stay at a consistent speed (braking and accelerating consume additional fuel).
- Try to stay under 45 MPH when you’re not on the highway to help reduce fuel consumption.
- Always maintain a safe distance behind the car in front of you to avoid collisions and help reduce excessive braking and accelerating.
- Replace your mass airflow sensor, oxygen sensor, and your spark plugs.
- Check your tire pressure to make sure they are within the proper range.
- Remove your roof rack and bike rack when they’re not in use as they limit vehicle aerodynamics.